Liebster award take 2 and projects for 2016!

Hi! So first things first, the lovely Nessa of Sewing Empire has nominated me for a Liebster blog award! Thanks Nessa! I had been nominated previously so I won,t go throught the process of nominating 20 other blogs again. You can find that post under the ''Awards'' tag

But I will answer her questions for fun!

What is your favourite fabric color / pattern you enjoy working with the most?
Hmm good one. I love purple and red, and pastels and ones with simple desings on them.

What is your most favorite place / space (be it a room, building, holiday destination etc.)? 
England is one of my favorite places to travel to, and I love my Garden as well, especially in late summer when everything is lush and green!

Do you have a favorite TV show or movie? If yes, which? 
These days it's Call the Midwife and Downton Abbey for TV. I have so many favorite movies. Young Victoria is one, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, About Time, Love Actually and Star Wars (especially the old ones) to name only a few

Is there something you like to collect (fabric, ribbons, buttons, cups etc.)? 
Whenever someone I know goes to Asia I try to get them to bring me silk, so I end up with quite a good amount of it. And as any costumer I have accumulated lots of fabrics, ribbons and lace in the past years!

If you could travel to one of your sewing era(s), which one would you like to visit most? Is there a specific date/place you would go? 
Oh Hard one! The Regency era in England would definetly be worth a visit, and The late Victorian/Edwardian era too. Gosh it's hard to pick only one isn't it? I'd love to visit the roaring 20's too

What is your favorite novel / author? 
Jane Austen! Fave novel, I'd say Pride and Prejudice. So far it's the one I've enjoyed the most.

Do you have a favorite museum you would like to visit or go to visit time and again? 
I would love to visit the V&A in London

Which is the absolute dream fabric or notion you would really like to work with, cost notwithstanding? 
Silk, silk, silk!

Is there a new sewing or crafting skill you would like to learn this year? 
I intend to try dyeing my fabrics myself, and would love to learn more millinery skills

Which sewing / dressmaking task do you enjoy / eschew the most? 
I love putting on the finishing touches on an outfit, like decorations and things. The part I like the least is mock-ups and muslin fittings.

Where is your favorite place to sew or craft?
My bedroom also serves as my sewing room, but I love going outside in the summer to work on the handsewing part of costumes, or knitting in the garden.

As for the rest, I must say I am starting 2016 with lots of ideas and projects! Right now I'm working on a 18th century jacket made with an upcycled bedcover, and will be posting pictures sometime soon. My next project will be a Rey (Star Wars) cosplay! Should be a simple and fun project to attempt and I am looking forward to experimenting tea dyeing with the fabrics for this costume :)

Also I am going back to the Jane Austen festival in september, so I will prob be making a few acessories to complete my outfits this year.

That's it for now! Have a nice day!

Commentaires