Where I'm at

Hello dearies! So, I've been doing a lot of sewing lately, still in the mood after the Jane Austen Festival. I'm going to do everything I can so that next year I will be able to go back, and take my mum with me. I also realized that three dresses were far from enough for a shole 10 days of celebration, so I'm getting an early start and making up lote of pretty Regency dresses for Mum and me to take with us next year. And of course, this time we will have proper ball gowns!

I've already completed two, almost three gowns, and have at least another 4-5 coming up, on top of a silk sari robe, a half robe, spencers, bonnets, etc. We will be ready!!

Here is a little preview:

This blue and white one will be for my mom. It's also got two rows of lace trimming at the bottom, but I forgot to take a picture. As you can see, both of the dresses I have completed are bib fronts. They were also both made of upcycled bedding (respectively a sheet and a duvet cover). 


That white one is for me. You can see there is a lace trimming at the bottom.


These are the gorgeous silk saris I got on ebay. They are even prettier in reality. Both are pure silk and have embroidery on them. The blue one will make a robe, and there will most likely be some fabric left for either a dress or a half-robe. The orange one will be a bib front ball gown and a half-robe. 

I didn't make that, it's an original, but I will use it as a reference image to make  similar spencer with some beautiful yellow silk taffeta I has in my stash. 

More to come soon!

Commentaires

  1. I keep finding you can never have too many dresses for the festival.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes, definately! The only problem is carrying everything over the atlantic!

      Supprimer
  2. I wish I could be there next year! :) The blue dress is just lovely!

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire