I've been nominated for a Liebster Award!

Hi! It's been a while! I'm working on a couple of projects and I'll post more on that later, but for the meantime I've had the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award by Cindy of The Broke Costumer. I really like her blog because like her, I try to make my costumes at the smallest cost possible, reusing old fabrics or finding deals :) you can check out her stuff here: http://brokecostumer.blogspot.ca/


Here are the Liebster Award rules:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you. 
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created. 
List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that deserve some recognition. 
(I cheated on this one, as I don't know that many bloggers yet)
Write 11 questions for them to answer. 
Notify them they've been nominated. 

So here are the questions Cindy came up with: 

1.   What is your favorite period movie, and why?
Hmmm that's a hard one, I love soo many movies, but I think I'll go for ''The Young Victoria'', because not only all the costumes are gorgeous, the whole esthetic of the movie and the way it is directed are great. And the guy who plays Albert is gorgeous :)

2.   How long have you been sewing, and what made you turn to costuming?
I have been sewing since I was 15, and I started costuming because I couldn't find costumes I liked in my size and at a decent price. I tried it at first for that reason, and then I liked sewing so much I just went on and on!

3.   Do you like to sew alone, or have a sewing day with friends?
Hmm I like both, but I don't have a lot of friends who sew, so I'm usually alone, which I'm fine with. When I sew I usually put on music and sing, or do the hand finishing/embroidery/beading in front of a good film.

4.  What is your favorite outfit you have made, and your least favorite?
I'd say it's a tie between my 1840 ballgown and my ''Wicked'' costume, and my least favorite is the Princess Leia costume (I've actually re-used that fabric by now)

5.  If you could go to any costumed event in the world, where would you go and what would you wear?
Hmmm I really want to go to the Jane Austen Festival in Bath, and I'd make an awesome Regency evening gown to go to the ball!

6.   What is your favorite era, and is your closet full of outfits from this era (or will be)?
Good question! I really love fantasy, which isn't an era but it's the category I'll probably end up with the most costumes of, apart from that I'd say the Victorian and Edwardian eras are a tie.

7.   Which historical person would you like to meet and why?
Wow good question! I'd say Judy Garland because I heard she was really funny in life, and she is my favorite signer/actress. Or Queen Victoria because I'd be really curious to see what she was really like...

8.  What is your next sewing project?
I'm currently working on a dress like the one Judy Garland wears in the finale of the movie Presenting Lily Mars. My next costume after that will be one of Snow White's outfits from the serie Once Upon a Time.

9.  Do you have a favorite book about costuming that you go to for ideas?
I really like Period costume for stage and screen by Jean Hunnissett

10.   Do you have a "get ready to sew" ritual, or things you must do to get into the sewing mood?
Yes, I start by looking at lots of pictures of what I want to do, and then I have to take some time to visualize all the steps I'll have to take and in which order, and figure out the tricky parts. Then I can start preparing the pattern.

11.  Why do you blog about your sewing?
Because I like the online community of costumert it creates, and links you to other people with the same interests even if your close friends don't necessarily share this hobby with you. 

My nominees:
I decided to choose just a couple, because I don't have loads of time and I don't know that many blogs with around  200 followers to start with. 

Gwenyver from Confessions of a Costumeholic: http://costumeholic.blogspot.ca/ Not only she is my friend but she makes great costumes for herself and her kids! You should check out her TARDIS Kimono!

Rebeccca from Diary of a Costumer: http://theladyrebecca.livejournal.com/ ave you seen her 18th century court gown? AMAZING!

Sarah of A  Most Peculiar Mademoiselle: http://amostpeculiarmademoiselle.blogspot.ca/ She makes gorgeous medieval outfits and I love the old-fashionned objects and accessories she makes for her and her kids!

Nancy-Raven of Nancy-Raven's Attic: http://nancyravencostumes.blogspot.ca/ She is also a friend, and I'm pretty impressed by her project for the Renaissance Challenge. Can't wait to see what she wil come up with!

Melly of Dentelles et Satin: http://dentelleetsatin.blogspot.ca/ Hes costumes are always gorgeous! Love all of them, especially her white anglaise and her red victorian gown!

And now the questions I am asking them:

1- Is sewing costumes just a hobby or do you make a living out of it?

2- Is there a costume/type of costume you are dreaming to make but still haven't attempted becouse it's too crazy and complicated? 

3- If you could visit another era, which one would you choose? 

4- What are your favorite fabrics to work with?

5- How did you learn to sew? 

6- Which of your costumes are you the most proud of? 

7- What part of costumemaking do you sometimes struggle with (for example buttonholes, darts, etc) ?

8- Who is your favorite historical or mythical figure? 

9- Do you have any other hobbies/ passions apart from sewing and costumemaking?

10- What is your favorite costume film/show/series

11- Where do you wear your costumes?


Commentaires

  1. Thanks! I think you deserve one too, but since you already received one, I noted you as an Honourable mention, so you can answer my questions if you wish, but you don't have to.
    http://costumeholic.blogspot.ca/2014/07/and-award-goes-to-et-le-prix-est.html

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire