My costumes and I are being immortalised in art!

Hi! It's been a while, sorry about that. Lately I've been sewing little things, but not that much like cloth menstrual pads and the likes. I have sewn the linen chemise to go under my renaissance gown, I'll take pictures soon. Right now it's in the laundry. It's so comfortable I've adopted it as a nightgown (and ordered more linen to make a few more)...

Apart from that my sister, who is a painter is working on a series of portraits of me in my costumes, in different settings inspired by either real ladies or female litterature characters of the past, but with a twist. So far, she's made two. The first is me as a romantic young Queen Victoria . The second is me as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, with my cat instead of Toto. Here they are:

''I think of thee!--My thoughts do twine and bud''- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
 76 x102 cm

Where you'll find me, 71 x 188 cm


The Dorothy one is quite big, almost life-size. I love both of them! She'll also paint me in my 1912 evening gown, as Molly Brown, in my Regency dress as Marianne Dashwood, and in my Wicked dress, as the Wicked Witch of the West (and maybe others, we'll see)

If you'd like to see her other paintings (they're not all of me) you can visit her website here: www.helenavd.com

Have a nice day!

Commentaires

Enregistrer un commentaire