Busy Busy...

Hi! Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again. I've been very busy this past month. I work at a birth center now as a midwife assistant, and since it's summer we are running on a smaller staff than usual, which means more hours, and since it's in the birth field, the hours are crazy (nights, etc) so whenever I'm at home, I'm sleeping or just trying to enjoy the summer as much as I can.

So I haven't been sewing a lot, nor knitting that much lately, but as things are slowly calming down a little, and I am getting more used to the lifestyle of a midwife assistant, I am getting to the point where I am starting to think about new projects again.

Next on my to-do list is a 1940's sailor girl playsuit. I have been eyeing the Wearing History pattern for a while, now, and recently decided to buy it. I am presently at the cutting stage, and I hope it will be a fast and fun project to make. I also have to fix my Mary Poppins hat and have a decent photoshoot in the costume. I have also found a really nice 1920's knitted cloche pattern which I will be trying out soon, and I saw a picture of a 1840's child dress I would like to reproduce. And after that we'll see. I might tackle the 18th century and make a dress to go with my American Duchess ''Pompadour'' shoes, or make a 1912 walking dress or day ensemble. We'll just see how it goes.

So more coming up soon on my blog!

Have a great end of the summer!

Commentaires