Wicked dress modifications

Hi! It's been a while since the last time I posted here. I've been on a short holiday around Quebec with my dad, and then I had problems with my internet. Anyway, I'm back!

There was something bugging me with my ''Wicked'' dress. I didn't like the decorative shoulder thingy. You know, the pieces of fabric that were sewn on the shoulders, and across the front. I don't really know what to call them. Anyway, here's a ''before''picture.


And after (sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, the lighting in my room is terrible):




Much better, isn't it?  I made it, by layering 3 inch-wide stripes of fabric (organza, chiffon, jersey, cotton, tulle...) and then cutting them to achieve the ''roughed-up'' look. Then, to add fullness I gathered the whole thing, and sewed it by hand.

I intend to take some good pictures with that costume, probably when the autumn colors will come out, with the full makeup and everything. So watch out for that!

Commentaires