Updates and Mr. Paddington

Hi there! Sorry it's been a while! I've been a llittle busy this week. I've been working on some old-fashionned newsboy caps, or gavroche hats. More on that later.

As I said earlier, I'm also thnking of making a period costume, probably Regency. The only thing is that I already have loads of fabric, and the challenge will be to make something with the fabric I already have, without buying anything else. To be continued...

Also, I have re-opened my Etsy shop, please stop by and have a look! Some more stuff will be added soon.

Now, for Mr. Paddington. It's a contract I had about a year ago and I wanted to show it.

This lady friend of my mother's had this Mr. Paddington stuffed toy for over 30 years, and it ended up loosing all his clothing, except for the wellies. So she asked me if I could make him a new coat and hat. Here's what it ended up looking like:



The pictures aren't that good but I'm quite pleased with the result. I didn't use any pattern to make the coat, I just measured the bear and drew some pattern pieces. I used some kind of crafting felt, and put two layers to give the coat a nice shape. Anyway, that lady was really happy with how it turned out! 


Commentaires